Monday, March 14, 2011

Not as loud as my heart

I heard Coldplay's "The Scientist" today.

This song takes me back to--
mornings when
the shadow fingers of acacia leaves would reach out to wake me,
me, rolling over to my shampooed pillows,
sunlight streaming through my open dorm room window;

Breakfasts of
wheat bread and honey and warm milk
and a hint of regret that the other day was done,
how sad it's done,
but then I know it never really was.

Because despite
walking under the knowing stares of the acacia trees,
but smiling because they just have ears and eyes but never mouths,
In the afternoons when
Downy uniforms are now sprayed
with the scent of batchoy and buttered chicken
as well as the sweet smell of ink and newsprint,
I realized, the acacia trees have their ways to speak.

But then,
they don't really speak as loud as my heart.

 ***

*I miss you SILAK peeps. T.T

6 comments:

Babaylan said...

Haha. Like it. Ur a member of EMO - English Major Org. hehe. Try ang ila nga "Fix You" nami man.

Fix You
Coldplay

Unknown said...

yeah... me likee din that one! :)

aSiaR said...

hahahah! manami! manami! manami! :)

aSiaR said...

hahahhahah! manami! manami! manami! :)

aSiaR said...

hahah! manami! manami! manami! :)

aSiaR said...

Manami! manami!manami!