Monday, January 11, 2010

No fear


But immediately He spoke to them and said, "Take heart, it is I. Do not be afraid."
- Mark 6:50

Sometimes in the middle of a busy day, I would find myself pausing and asking "May pulos man ni tanan nga gina-ubra ko?" Is this job an end to itself or it's just a means to an end? And what end is that exactly?


It's so easy to get tired with the teaching career especially when your efforts are unappreciated. Add to that that your family, mismo, doubts your capabilities.


It's just so easy to simply succumb to a feeling of worthlessness and mediocrity, which in turn give way to self-pity and sadness.


But still, I just think of how God must think of me. And then it's all suddenly clear.


He loves me so much. Unconditionally. No questions. No excuses. No pretenses.


He assures us of this love through his words and we would be fools not to believe. We just have to.


He also tells us that the perfect love He has stored in each of us is enough to keep us safe and unafraid.

"There is no fear in love.
Perfect love casts out fear."

 -1 John 4: 18

And remember, he also tells us that even in the middle of any storm,

"TAKE HEART. IT IS I. DO NOT BE AFRAID."

3 comments:

adelic said...

aylabyuuuuuuu

adelic said...

Dugang ko lang... God is awesome! :D Aren't you in love with Him and His grace? Life is a celebration. :D Let's live our lives to the fullest because this is all we've got...

And we've got God.

Unknown said...

yes i am. ;)He's my wan tru lab. ;)