Monday, September 29, 2008

How dads can be so supportive

Gregorio del Pilar has a boyfriend.
Gregorio del Pilar used to be eye candy for a thirteen-year old girl. He still is even when she is already twenty-three.
But the eye-candy turned out to like lollipops, too. No more hope for that girl; otherwise called "Me."
I sort of ran into dear old Gregorio recently. And about him are vines, vines that brought me news of his true identity. My young wards (etch, governess?), who were with me, were shocked. Our common friends were incredulous for a second (yes, for only a second). It's not surprising, that's what most of them assured me.
"Ahay," is all they could say.
My dad was less sympathetic. I told him, "Dad, remember Gregorio del Pilar? He has a boyfriend. (Sniffles, sniffles.)"
If daddy was sitting on a stool instead of a chair with a backrest, he could've toppled over with laughter. So much about filial love. (Sniffles, sniffles).

1 comment:

adelic said...

Ooo... That makes us even, huh? Mine's a saint... who also likes lollipops! Waaaaa! Wab you!